Apple Blossom Cottage – Sober Living House
The Apple Blossom Cottage is our premiere Sober Living House that serves up to 12 residents. This house is only 12 years old. It is a beautiful brick home with a gazebo and a large deck on over twenty acres of land that overlooks the Ohio River. The cottage boasts of upstairs & downstairs kitchens, fireplaces, and laundry rooms, along with three full baths.
Serenity Hills Life Center follows the National Alliance for Recovery Residences. It is available only to our clients that have successfully graduated from our treatment program. The Apple Blossom Cottage is the next step into the pathway of independence. There must be a six-month commitment to stay. The individual must work, attend school, or volunteer at an approved location. We are partners with the West Virginia Northern Community College, West Virginia Workforce, and other community based services.
Apple Blossom Cottage Sober Living Criteria:
Serenity Hills Life Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability or age, in the delivery of services.
- Must be female age 18 or older
- Must be clean and sober for a minimum of thirty (30) days
- Must have a primary diagnosis of alcoholism or chemical dependency
- Must have a desire to recover
- Must have completed a residential stay at Serenity Hills Life Center
- Must continue with outpatient services, if recommended
- Must agree to stay in the residence a minimum of six (6) months
- Must agree to sign releases of information for medical, legal, and mental health histories
- Ability to pass a drug & alcohol screening, and agree to ongoing, random screens
- Must be willing to attend a minimum of three (3) 12-step meetings weekly and obtain a sponsor, have an accountability partner or peer specialist for support
- No acute medical psychiatric conditions
- Must have the ability to use the program as a transition to independent living
- Must have the ability to maintain self-care and participate in job functions for the maintenance of the facility, i.e. cooking and general cleaning
- Must be willing to work full time, be enrolled in school full-time, or a combination of both
- Must be willing to contribute $100 per week for the program fee, and $42 per week for the food fee
- Must commit to total abstinence from drugs and alcohol
- Must respect the rights, views, & property of other residents, and get along with others